Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Long Time No Blog....



It's been forever since my last update. Partially because I'm not sure how to handle the blogging anymore. Since my last post, we had a new addition to our family, Ezra Esprit Johnson was born Jan. 25th 2010. Ezra, like our middle boy, Noah, is hearing. Yes, I know, he is almost a year old already! Time flies! Isaac is in kindergarden, but we have decided to teach him at home. This was not a choice we made because he is Deaf. It is the best decision for our family. It has been challenging, not because of teaching Isaac, but because of incorporating school into our day with an active pre-school aged boy who loves his big brother (aka Noah), and a walking 11 month old who is into everything!
Isaac loves learning and usually is very quick to master new concepts. He continues to amaze me with how well he is doing. If he were to go to traditional kindergarden, he would be mainstreamed with other hearing children and simply have 45 min. of speech therapy a week! Praise God! He loves learning and can read pretty well for a 5 year old. It is so amazing to witness the first sentence that he read! The look on his face will stay with me forever.
Isaac still has the Nucleus Freedom processors. We are entertaining the idea of upgrading him to the N5 processors, but are unsure how much he will benefit and if the out of pocket expense will justify it. He already talks non-stop. Even withouth his processors on, he uses words in his pretend play with his toys. We are going to GBMC on Jan. 7th to discuss this further. Prayers would be appreciated! This past year has been a whirlwind. I would like to combine Isaac and Noah's blogs into one and am unsure how to do this. I don't know if I will just create a new blog and post Johnson family updates or what. We will see. Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger signingworks said...

Hello, my name is Emily Paige,I work with Signing Works. I am looking to interview, via email, parents of deaf/CI children. My email is paiges5@hotmail.com. I would love to get your views and opinions. Thank You!!
Emily Paige

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home