Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Surgery Date

Isaac will go to CHOP on April 7th to have his left ear implanted. Since the 7th is a Monday, we have to call on the Friday before to get the time we have to be there. All these battles we have fought...getting denied for the second implant by insurance, changing insurance providers for medical assistance, finding a new PCP for the referrals becaues our old pediatrician didn't accept our new medical assistance insurance, getting seen by this new PCP before they normally see new patients so we could keep our appointment with the surgeon... all these battles were fought to get the elusive, "date of surgery". Now that we have the official date, I am excited, nervous and so many other emotions. I know God is in control and He has been for this entire roller coaster, I just feel a little sad sending my baby in for another surgery. April 7th will be here before we know it.

On another note, Isaac was supposed to start pre-school today, but we had to keep him home. I thought he had pink eye, but the Dr. said his eye just has a cold. Hopefully he will be well enough to go on Wednesday (His schedule is Mon, Wed and Thurs mornings). Instead of pre-school, we built a tent with pillows and blankets in the living room and hung out there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom to Toes said...

April 7... I have it on my calendar. You and Isaac will be in my thoughts that day.

I am glad that you finally worked through all the headaches.

Erin is very prone to "eye colds" as well. I have had repeated calls from daycare over the last two years to come get her cleared for pink eye. Every single time she got a clearance from the doctor.

I wonder if "eye colds" are common in deaf children?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

This is great news. I know you are excited and anticipating the date! I'm putting this on my calendar, too! Sorry to hear about his eye, though. . . hope it gets better quickly!

7:56 PM  
Blogger dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:12 PM  
Blogger dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home