Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Isaac's Appointment

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post! The days seem to go by so quickly. This past Wednesday, Aunt Lydia watched Noah while Grandpa, Isaac and I went to Philly to meet with our surgeon. Everything is good, and next week we will pick a day for Isaac's surgery. I will post when we get confirmation of the date.

In other news, Isaac starts pre-school on February 25th! We are so excited, but a little sad because our little guy is growing up. Since he will be attending pre-school through our Intermediate Unit, he can have van transportation to and from school. As a mom, this is such a big step and I want to take him for a few weeks before I really let go and let him ride the van by himself. In all honesty, I feel he would be excited to ride the van right away, I guess I just have a hard time letting go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR EVERY THING HAS WORKED OUT FOR ISAAC'S SURGERY. JUST READING YOUR POST HAS BROUGHT TEARS OF JOY AND SADNESS. THEY STAY SMALL SUCH A LITTLE TIME IT SEAMS LIKE WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO TREASURE THEM LONG ENOUGH.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mom to Toes said...

Hi Shiloh! I have been wondering where you were!

Eek! Preschool already! I can't wait to hear how he it goes. Isaac is going to blow them away!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shiloh! We've missed you out here in blogland! I can't believe how quickly our boys are growing up. Isaac is going to do so well and I lok forward to hearing all about it. Take care!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home