Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Isaac's Big Boy Bed

Ian and I are trying to transition Isaac from his crib which is in one room to a new room and a big boy bed for Isaac. It sounds simple enough because at Granny's house Isaac already has been sleeping in a toddler bed. So I began the search for a boys comforter set. I really wanted one with cars on it, but this proved to be more difficult than I originally expected.

Isaac's new bed is actually a full sized bed that used to be Ian's and mine before we got our king size bed. It is already in our guest room which we plan on making Isaac's new room. Isaac is really into anything with wheels now so it seemed logical to get him a comforter with cars and other modes of transportation on it. When I went shopping I realized that most of the cute kids bedding is for a toddler bed or a twin size! I must have visited every store in York before I realized that this was mission impossible! Unless I wanted to purchase something online, I was pretty much out of luck. So I decided to forgo the "cars" theme and go with a hunting theme for his room.

I found a "camo" comforter at Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg and a cool outlet cover for his light switch. The outlet cover is made out of resin and is three dimensional of deer antlers. It is too cool. I started to paint his room and will finish this weekend when Isaac goes to Granny's house. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with this new room so far. Granny even purchased a guard rail to put along one side of the bed so Isaac wouldn't fall out. (the other side of the bed is against the wall)

Now onto Isaac's reaction.....Well, he loves the bed. But not to sleep on. He knows it is his bed, but he loves to jump on it! I tried to put him in it a few days last week to take his nap, but I think the taste of freedom was too much for him. He was getting in and out so many times and never did end up napping those days. So I am giving up until the room is totally finished. So for the time being, I have admitted defeat.

Big Boy Bed Battle: Isaac-2, Mommy-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home