Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mapping

Yesterday I took Isaac for his third mapping. He is doing really well with his implant. The audiologist said he is hearing at about 30-35 db with his implant. It seems to have improved since the last mapping. She also changed his programs giving him more exposure to sound. He likes having the processor on and notices when it falls off, but first thing in the morning he still struggles to adjust to sound initially. We have to start him out on a quieter program and gradually increase the volume. He also seems to notice when anyone touches the processor on his back. He will pull away and frown. I don't know why this is, but I think he may know that I am going to turn up the volume, or maybe it even makes a noise when I touch it. I just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home