Isaac's World

Isaac is Deaf but hears with cochlear implants. He received his first cochlear implant on September 25th, 2006. He received his second cochlear implant on September 10, 2008. This is his journey with sound as told by mommy.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Surgery Date....Again

Well, I am finding myself in this situation again. We have a surgery date again. Although this time around I am more educated in many ways. It is farther away than I had originally hoped, but in the whole scheme of things, only 5 months will have passed since his original cancelled surgery. This is a huge chunk of time for a 3 year old, but Isaac is doing so well with only one implant that I am not very concerned. I have no doubts about his ability to "catch up" his newly implanted ear to his right ear. Isaac will have surgery at 8:30am on Wednesday, September 10th 2008. This date is almost 2 years after his first surgery. I'm going to cut this post short because this week is VBS at our church and I am helping to teach the Pre-K through 1st graders. It is tons of fun but also exhausting as I also coordinated the props. Have a great day everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Wonderful news!

I'm sure Isaac will come through it like a trouper and his new ear will catch up to the old one in no time!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED, BUT REMEMBER GOD HAS PERFECT TIMING. WILLIE AND MANDY CAME OVER AND BROUGHT SHAY WE HAD HER BIRTHDAY EARLY SO SHE COULD BE WITH MANDY'S FAMILY SAT. DEE

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shiloh,
I'm so excited that you loved GBMC as much as we did!!! Isn't Regina awesome, we love her!!! What Doctor did you see? I lost the page that had your e-mail address on it. You'll have to shoot me an e-mail at shannonduick@yahoo.com and fill me in or give me a call so we can set up a play date with the wild boys! Again, I'm so excited that he will be getting a second implant and that it will be at GBMC!
Take care,
Shannon Duick, Zachary's Mommy

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home